The Katy Independent School District Pre-Kindergarten program registration for the 2019-2020 school year will take place April 16 for children who qualify and are zoned to the district.
Prior to registration day, parents of those students eligible for the program are encouraged to complete the online registration process through Katy ISD’s PowerSchool Registration website, which will become available beginning March 4.
Pre-Kindergarten classes will be held at the following campuses:
English Speaking Classes: Alexander, Bear Creek, Cimarron, Creech, Exley, Franz, Golbow, Griffin, Hayes, Holland, Katy, Kilpatrick, King, Mayde Creek, McRoberts, Memorial Parkway, Morton Ranch, Rhoads, Rylander, Stephens, Sundown, West Memorial and Winborn elementary schools.
Spanish Speaking Classes: Bear Creek, Campbell, Fielder, Franz, Hutsell, Jenks, King, McRoberts, Memorial Parkway, Morton Ranch, Rhoads, Schmalz, Stephens, Sundown and Williams elementary schools.
Katy ISD had implemented certain exceptions for students zoned to elementary schools which do not offer the Pre-Kindergarten program. These include:
· Students zoned to Wolfe Elementary will register at Bear Creek Elementary.
· Students zoned to Randolph, Davidson, Stanley, Shafer, Wilson and Wolman will register at Griffin Elementary.
· Students zoned to Bryant Elementary will register at Katy Elementary.
· Students zoned to Bethke Elementary will register at King Elementary.
· Students zoned to Pattison Elementary will register at Hayes Elementary.
· Students zoned to Nottingham Country will register at Memorial Parkway Elementary.
· Students zoned to WoodCreek will register at Rylander Elementary.
· Students zoned to Olga Leonard Elementary will register at Morton Ranch Elementary.
The Katy ISD Pre-Kindergarten program follows the state guidelines set for Pre-K which focus on oral language development, reading and math readiness, as well as developing science and social studies knowledge and skills. Click the Katy ISD Pre-Kindergarten program link for additional information about eligibility requirements or call the Office of Interventions, at 281-237-7062.